This event will detail the new features in Android's new operating system Ice Cream Sandwich. This will include redesigning current Android applications as well as architectural differences on the new OS. Topics will include, but are not limited to:
Target Audience: CS and Engineering Students interested in Mobile Development
- Main Architecture Differences(Fragments, Loaders)
- Developing for Tablets and Phones simultaneously.
- Move to on screen navigation (action bar)
- Efficencies in the framework.
- How can you make 2.x apps look and feel like 3.x and 4.x applications? 2.2 is still going to be predominant for much of 2012.
- Other items to look out for
- Future of Android
Suggested Attire: Casual