The workshop final briefings are the culmination of semester-long projects on sustainability issues. Students are enrolled in small, faculty-advised project teams that address a real world sustainability issue or project and deliver recommendations to a client organization. This semester, students are working on the following projects:
- Transforming NRDC Headquarters into a Net Zero Energy Facility (client: Natural Resources Defense Council)
- Business Plan for the Healthy Urban Tree Initiative in New York City (client: The Nature Conservancy)
- Stormwater Strategies for Climate Change Adaptation (client: New York State Department of Transportation)
- Assessment of the Potential to Divert Commercial Organic Waste from Landfills (client: City of New York, Mayor’s Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability)
- Resilient Sustainable Communities: Integrating Hazard Mitigation and Sustainability in Local Planning (client: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency)
RSVP is required for this event.
For more information on the M.S. in Sustainability, please click MSSM.
For more information about the Earth Institute, please click EARTH.
Register for this Event