Recipients of the 2013 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2013-2014 academic year. Selected students will also be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars' Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in 2013. All candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities wiht Google. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates' academic background and demonstrated passion for computer science - US$10,000 for those studying in the US and C$5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Applicants must be:
* Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
* Maintaining a strong academic performance
* (1) A current sophomore/second year or junior/third year undergraduate continuing studies in the 2013-2014 academic year; (2) an undergraduate senior/fourth year accepted to or enrolled in a graduate program in the 2013-2014 academic year; or (3) a current graduate student (masters or PhD) continuing studies in the 2013-2014 academic year. Candidates must be enrolled in a university in the United States or Canada (international students in the US and Canada are also encouraged to apply)
* A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
* Able to demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
* Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
How to apply:
Applicants apply via The Lime Network and provide the following:
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume & unoffficial transcripts
- Three essays - this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- Two recommendation letters from a professor, adviser or supervisor
Application deadline: Midnight PST on Monday, February 18th!
(Note that reference names and emails must be submitted by this date, and letters are due by February 28th)