WorldQuant is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an inter-national team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in the development of its trading processes. Continuously evolving for ever-greater efficiency enables us to trade today the way others will tomorrow.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
We are seeking engineering, science, mathematics and finance majors for summer-time or part-time research consultant position, involving the creation of computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of worldwide financial markets. Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and financial markets. Upon joining us, we will provide a series of quantitative finance trainings and seminars to offer you a chance to learn the fundamentals of quantitative finance and stock price movement prediction.
We offer outstanding learning and earning opportunities, which include:
- Performance based compensation
- Training classes / seminars about quantitative finance research and modeling
- Access to our web-based stock simulation system that you can use to develop your quantitative financial models
- Rare opportunity for students in engineering and science to break into the financial industry
- B.S. degree or higher from a leading US university in engineering, science, mathematics, finance or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative
- Competent in a programming language
- Strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
Locations: flexible and online
Interested and qualified candidates please email your current CV (or any questions) in ENGLISH to USConsultants@worldquant.com.
WorldQuant, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and eligible applicants for employment in accordance with the laws applicable in each jurisdiction in which it conducts business. Except as may be varied by any local law to the contrary, our Firmís philosophy is to treat employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran of military service. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Target Audience: BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or Science students
Suggested Attire: Business